Click here to download the map and directions for the London event
This event will look at every aspect of the process from building the right type of property for the right customer in the right location to the effective management of the property at every stage of its life.
Our one-day masterclass will cover the following:
• Location, location, location – spotting the best opportunities for investment in the post-Brexit housing market
• Customers and lifestyles - who will be our future customers, how they influence design
• New technology – what to put in, what hasn’t worked, the latest trends
• Life cycle costing – getting the balance right between initial spend on development, fixtures etc versus on going future maintenance costs
• Managing the handover from development to management/maintenance including effective approaches to snagging and the defects period
• The importance of data and record keeping – analysing repairs spend, tailoring the programme, property MOTs
• Planned, cyclical and responsive repairs – the current trends, the efficacy of different approaches and the implications of cutting back on planned maintenance
• Making the most of new technology and IT systems – innovation and integration
• Effective asset management strategies – option appraisals and return on investment
• Working with your partners including contract management
• Future plans – modern methods of construction, factory homes, building without grant.
- Chair – Wayne Hughes, Managing Director, Aspire Housing
- Key note – Richard Donnell, Research and Insight Director, Hometrack
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Rowley Maggs, International Development Director, SDS
- Wayne Gethings, Managing Director, Wrekin Housing Trust
- Phil Pemberton, Director of Asset Strategy and Delivery
- Steve Parrington, Managing Director of ForWorks, ForViva
- DW Support Services (speaker TBC).
More to be announced...
Who should attend:
- Chief Executives
- Directors of development
- Directors of asset management
- Finance directors
- Heads of service and senior managers for: DLO/repairs and maintenance/Asset management
- Development teams
- Performance and quality professionals
- Policy and Strategy professionals
Download the programme for our 'The life cycle of a property' event here